1.5 lbs lean ground beef
2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
5 Tbsp sriracha, divided
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
4 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)
1 large sweet onion
3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
4 brioche buns
4 slices swiss cheese
1 tomato, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, soy sauce, 2.5 Tbsp sriracha, and the pepper. Do not overmix. Form the mixture into 4 patties and set aside, on a parchment-lined plate, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. In a medium frying pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat. While bacon is cooking, peel and quarter the onion. Cut each section into 1/4 in. slices. Once the bacon is cooked through, remove the slices from teh pan, cut each in half crosswise, and drain onto paper towls, reserving the remaining bacon fat in the pan. Cook the sliced onions in the bacon fat over med-low heat until they carmelize, about 20-25 mins.
- Grill the burgers, turning once, 4-4 1/2 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers are cooking, combine the blue cheese with the remaining 2 Tbsp sriracha in a small bowl.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill during the last minute of cooking time.
- Assemble burgers. Spread blue cheese mixture on both halves of each bun. Stack a patty, slice of swiss, bacon, onions, slice of tomato and a small handful of arugula between each bun.