Source: Savour the Senses
24 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh basil (sliced into thin strips)
2 tbsp white vinegar
1.5 cups uncooked brown rice
1 cup shelled edamame
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the rice according to directions; set aside and keep warm.
- Stir the cornstarch into the chili garlic sauce, then toss with the shrimp. Cover and let shrimp marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp, scraping all the sauce into the skillet. Saute the shrimp until mostly cooked through, about 2 minutes per side).
- Increase the heat to med-high and add the chicken broth, deglazing the pan. Continue to cook the shrimp until most of th broth has cooked off, then toss in the basil.
- Steam the edamame in water until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Stir the vinegar and edamame into the rice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Separate the rice into bowls and top with 6 shrimp each.