Source: Elly Says Opa
2 tilapia filets
2 Tbsp. flour
1 lemon, divided
1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp. chopped thyme
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Lightly beat egg in a small baking dish or bowl, then mix in the juice of half a lemon. In a separate dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the floured tilapia in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly and pressing to adhere.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, then add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once hot, add the tilapia. Cook for approximately 3 minutes per side, or until fish is cokked through and flakes easily.
- Cut the remaining half lemon into wedges and serve with the tilapia.