Mr. B has literally been begging me to make coconut shrimp. I don't exactly love coconut, but this had great flavor. The original recipe calls for pineapple peach salsa. I skipped it this time.
1 lb. tail-on, peeled and deveined shrimp
2/3 cup lite coconut milk
2 tbl olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
3 tbl shredded coconut
3 tbl chopped fresh tarragon (or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. If desired, slice shrimp down the middle to butterfly.
- Toss shrimp with salt and pepper, then lay in the baking dish. In a bowl combine coconut milk, olive oil, garlic and tarragon. Pour over shrimp in baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs and coconut. Sprinkle over shrimp.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve shrimp and spoon a bit of the coconut milk mixture over top.