1 large whole-wheat baguette (about 8 oz)
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups sliced peaches
1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1.5 tbl)
3 tbl brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Spray a 9x13 in. baking pan with cooking spray. Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices and arrange them in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over the bread in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss peaches with the lemon juice and 1 tbl. of brown sugar. Scatter the peach slices evenly on top of the bread.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Uncover and bake 40 minutes.
Top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.